Monday, January 31, 2011

Finger Lickin' Good

I posted the other day that I was supposed to be in Erie on Saturday. The freezing rain kept me away. Aside from missing my family obligations, I missed other plans as well.

Ruth and Jeff in Ripley NY have been my friends for MORE years than I'm willing to admit! Actually, they are more like family to me than friends. Ripley is just about 30 minutes west of Erie so as long as I was that far, I got ahold of them to see if they had any plans or if they'd be willing to have some company. Ruth offered to make dinner and we'd just spend the afternoon catching up and having fun.

After we turned around and came home Saturday, I figured I'd wait for a more reasonable time to call them since I didn't want to wake them up at 8 in the morning on a Saturday. Well, little did I know that Ruth was a busy bee already at that time of the morning.

She called to check on my progress sometime around that time. I told her weather made us stop our trip and I'm sorry but we wouldn't be making it that day. Unfortunately, she already had a turkey in the oven! DANG! She KNOWS it's one of my favorite things in LIFE! Aargh!

So, I'm sorry you went through all that work and I missed it. I was thinking about that turkey all day and while it wouldn't be feasible to mail it to me, I made dinner in your honor. Here was MY supper Saturday night.


The George Foreman'd chicken breast was as close as I could get to turkey and while I love brussel sprouts they are no where near as good as stuffing! At least I was thinking of you guys.

I love you guys! Get another turkey ready, I'll be there as soon as the weather clears. Can we do a do-over dinner?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a minor thing, but Ripley is East of Erie, on road towards Buffalo.



Big Bro Phil

Unknown said...

I told you I don't know my east from my west!