Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Birthday To ME!

*** The voting above has to do with the post "PhotoPhun Challenge: Ice". Please go see that post and vote for your favorite picture!! ***

Oh, happy birthday to me! Anyone that knows me, knows this is the biggest holiday in my year! So big in fact, that I celebrate ALL of January and starting February 1st, I start counting down to next January 16th!

Yes, yesterday was my 48th birthday. I'm not sure how I feel about the number, but I know I love to celebrate regardless of the number.

Yesterday was a great birthday celebration day, aside from the overflowing coffee pot that I had to clean up to start my day. Taking that 10 minutes out of my day, it was a great day! Ron and I started off by going to Pete's for breakfast. Ok, you'll find us there most weekends for breakfast, but THIS breakfast came with a candle in my blueberry pancakes AND singing! Save me a table, I plan on going back next year for my birthday breakfast as well!

Then, we met up with some family and friends for an early dinner at Steak on a Stone in North Olmsted. I've blogged before about this place, and it's awesome! A little pricey, but the service is top notch and the food is fabulous. When you go, ask for Ed. He was our server last night and I'm telling you, there is nothing he could have done better. He made a great night even better with his service. Thanks, Ed! You will see my new buddy Ed later in this blog!

Ron, Phil and I went over to Nick and Sally's for a little appetizers and wine before dinner. They are the life of any party and I'm sorry I didn't get pictures at the house. My brother Michael and his wife Mary Jane met us at the restaurant. They actually showed up a little early to do some birthday party decorating! Nothing like walking into a party you planned to find surprises waiting for you! Score!!


This party had it all. Beads, balloons, family and friends! As for the beads, of course I had to wear the most. I WAS the birthday girl after all!


The balloons were a nice touch! And, this one was just in case I didn't remember when I received my first one like this. Nice!


We must have stolen some one's fun, because we had way too much! Here is Phil, with a rare smile!


Ron and Mary Jane:


Mike and Nick:


Nick and Sally, who by the way were the life of the party! Sally told such great stories, she had us in stitches most of the night!


My new buddy Ed was nice enough to snap a group photo of this motley crew!


We started with a couple of the saganaki appetizers. This alone is worth the drive to North Olmsted! This is a piece of kasseri cheese (Greek) which is doused with brandy and set afire. Then, lemon is drizzled over the flames. Holy crap is this good! They give you some warm, fresh bread and you spread this cheese over the bread and that is a meal in itself. Wow.

Here is a video of Ed flambeing our saganaki. Opa!



On to our dinners, we had Phil enjoying his steak:

Me enjoying my steak:


And, if you did it all right, here is what is left:


Trust me, we all did it right! I was so stuffed when we got out of there! To top it off, I also had some birthday cheesecake with strawberry sauce that Ed promised me had no calories! There is never calories in birthday cake!! Or birthday cheesecake!

And then, there was presents. I have mentioned before that our family is a little unstable at times? This might have been one of those times! I received a nice, eclectic mix of gifts that will come in handy!


So there you go. Another birthday in the books. It was a great birthday! Thank you to all that came to celebrate with me or even sent well wishes for my big day. That's what's it all about.

Forty Eight. Dang. I remember so well the days of when I would say "I'd rather be dead that be 30". Yeah, what the hell did I know at 20? Forty Eight. 48. I don't feel 48, whatever that's supposed to feel like. Regardless, happy birthday to me!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Ree!
I'm glad we were able to [unknowingly] be part of your birthday weekend.

Unknown said...

Me, too!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful crew and celebration. AMR you deserve to celebrate all year long !! Wish we could have been steak ona stone with you.

Unknown said...

I wish you guys were there, too! We did talk about you and yes, it was even nice!

Thanks for letting me "borrow" your in-laws!

Mark said...

Sorry I'm so late!!! Happy Birthday! Looks like it was quite tasty!!