Thursday, January 06, 2011

Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor Was Wrong

Remember Tool Time? All he wanted was "more power". I'm here to tell you he was freakin' wrong!

Tonight after dinner, Ron said he was going to snow blow the driveway. Since I still haven't learned how to use the snow blower, I thought tonight was the perfect time. After all, last time it snowed, I shoveled it all by hand. With an 80 foot long driveway plus a 20 foot by 20 foot (give or take) parking pad, that's a lot of shoveling. More power HAD to be better than that!

I learned how to set the choke, set the throttle, how when you pull the string and nothing happens, how you can plug it in and just push a button. Duh! Fine. Press one handle and it makes the blades spin. Pull another handle and it will go forward or backward. When I say backward, I MEAN it. I almost ran myself over just getting out of the garage! Going forward wasn't much better. I about had to run to catch up to it while fighting to walk in a straight line. It's been a long time since I gave the neighbors that much to laugh at. I did a couple of swipes and let go of all the handles and just walked away and left the blower in the middle of the driveway.

I grabbed my trusted shovel and did it by hand. Ron took over the snow plow and I did my part by hand. Personally, I think my part was much neater. But whatever. And my shovel didn't try to run me over. Perhaps that joker that stole our last snow blower was actually doing us a favor.

Yeah, screw more power. I'm much safer with just a shovel. It may take me twice as long, but I get the job done. And, I give the neighbors much less to laugh at.

1 comment:

Jim's Blog said...

Hmm, wasn't it always "more Power" That got Tim into trouble all the time? Atleast you learned your limit of power. LOL