Monday, January 10, 2011

Benny Update!

We had another vet appointment today!

Benny is a whopping 4 lbs 8 oz!! That's HUGE!

One eye is totally cleared up from his ulcers but the other eye has just a little bit in there yet. So, we need to put gel in the one eye for maybe another week yet.

The inside of one of his back legs, he has a little parasite yet. The ring worm from his face is gone but he has this little spot on his leg. I just need to put some cream on his leg for a little while and he'll be fine!

Dr. Denise was thrilled with the weight gain and she thinks he looks great! Ok, I already knew he looked great, but it's good to hear someone else say that. We are to just keep doing what we're doing with him.

Benny used to like to sleep in his litter box. To entice him away from that comfy spot, Phil had cut down a box for Benny and we put a clean fluffy towel in there for him. At first, the new "bed" was next to his litter box. After a few days, he figured it out and would sleep in his bed instead of in his litter box. Duh, it just dawned on me the other day to move his bed out from by his litter box! So now his bed is in the office next to me, and yesterday afternoon he was curled up napping. How can you not love this little guy??


And, the best of all, I finally got a couple of videos of Benny playing fetch! Ok, I'm no cinematographer, but you get the idea! He is so damn cute! I think I'm gonna keep him!!

Enjoy watching us play a little fetch. Trust me, he could do this ALL night! He gives out before I do!!


1 comment:

Ruth said...

I think that the cutest part of this video is you talking to Benny!! You my gf are truely hooked!!! I know that you weren't an animal lover, but like you said, How can you not think he is cute? You go gf, he will give you all the love you could ever need! YOU are truely the CUTEST!!