Saturday, January 01, 2011

Merry Belated Christmas!

Thursday, we had my family's Christmas get together. People came from far and wide and it was wonderful to see everyone! My brother Jim and my brother-in-law, Bill, came in from Erie. My nice, JoBeth and her family came in from Rochester NY. I told you we'd have a great day!

Mike and Mary Jane hosted the get together and of course, I have a bunch of pictures commemorating the festivities.

First we have Bill and JoBeth.


Then, Jim, Mary Jane and my favorite nephew, Mike.


Mike, Evan and my brother, Mike.


No Christmas party is complete without Santa, AKA my brother Phil.


And then, a poor attempt at a self portrait with my nephew Mike, me and JoBeth.


Brad, helping Noah pick his nose!


Jenny and Mike.


Evan, after he found some markers. Here's hoping they are water based!


Like I said, a great time was had by all. Mary Jane is an AWESOME cook so of course, the food was fabulous. I swear, I never ate so much in one day before. It's like I had a hollow leg. I SO need to get back on my diet. I sure enjoyed food over this holiday!

My nephew is all wired in, he's all about technology. I, on the other hand, am letting new technology pass me by. However, I am no longer an iphone virgin! The gadgets were being passed around the table and I got my turn too. I had my nephew Mike's iphone in my hand and I had NO idea what I was doing with it. I got Pogo turned on (for some reason, I can ALWAYS figure out Pogo!) and played a few games. Mike said I could go to Amazon.com and go shopping. He had his credit card information all in there and with one click I could buy what I want. Do you SEE why he's my favorite nephew? Too bad my dumb ass couldn't figure out how to get to Amazon and do me some free shopping. Oh well, at least now I can say I know what an iphone is!

Ron got the bug to. My brother Mike was passing along his new ipad. Ron played with that quite a bit. All I know is when we got home, Ron was surfing the internet pricing ipads. He says he needs one for his boat! He's funny. I think he got bit by that technology bug bad. Me, I'm too scared of most of it. I think I'll still let it pass me on by.

Even Benny made out this year. Benny got this from Mike and Mary Jane. I love that people enable me in my obsessions!


We brought this home, I picked up Benny and put him on top. He immediately jumped right off. He then stood there and studied it for a few minutes and then conquered it by himself. First he tried the tube.


He loved it! Then, after a few attempts, he made it to the top.


Yes, it was a great evening. Family, food and fun. What more could you ask for?

Now, for some gratuitous Benny shots! He's found Ron's sink in the bathroom. For some reason, he finds it very comfy. He's growing so fast, it's not funny. Every day I feel like he's doubling in size. He may not fit in the sink for long. Gotta love the little guy!



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Keep taking those cat in the sink pictures as often as you can. It will be fun to watch him fill it up as he grows! Once a sink cat, always a sink cat, as long as it's dry ;)
Mike and Brad and Noah have bright futures as photobombers :)