Sunday, January 09, 2011

PhotoPhun Challenge: Trees

Trees! I love them. Truly, I could look at them all day long. I hate to say that they talk to me, but I definitely get different feelings from being around different trees. I think maybe I was a druid in a former life!

One of the things I really miss about living in Texas is the live oak trees. These things are breath taking. But, since I don't have pictures of the majestic live oaks of Texas, I give you trees from Lorain Ohio!

This first one is from my archives. I took the picture when I was taking pictures for the "Somewhere New" challenge. This was from that cemetery where I wasn't supposed to be taking pictures! But I loved this tree. The top looks like he's suffered some abuse, but the tree is still beautiful.


The house that's next to Pete's Diner's parking lot has a lot of pine trees. I love their property! This is one of their happy pine trees.


Here is a cold, lonely little tree, watching out over the Lake.


This tree lives on the boulevard between Dayton and Lexington. I love the movement in the limbs. This is what I'm talking about when I say there is poetry in trees.


This old man must have stories to tell of the things he's seen. I think he's seen better days, that's for sure. The first time I noticed this one, there was a storm blowing in and the sky behind this tree was very dark and ominous. It was a perfect scary movie shot! That's the day I decided to always have my camera on me. I missed that shot, but I still look at the tree every time I drive by.


This maple tree is right in front of my house. Every year, it drops most of its leaves, but these from the bottom stay on. When the spring new growth starts, it pushes the rest of the leaves off. So, I have a mess in the fall and another in the spring. Good thing I love this tree!


Lastly, our poor plum trees. I had a landscaper come in last summer and trim these way down. We haven't had fruit in quite a few years as the trees were full of disease. My landscaper, Kevin Raymond of Raymond Landscaping thought we might be able to save the trees if we cut away all of the disease down to the healthy trees. He must have cut a good 8-10 feet from them, but I can see the disease is back. I hate the thought of cutting these poor plum trees down, but I don't know what else I can do with them.


Trees. I hope you can appreciate them a little bit more now. Trees always make me happy!

Please check out Lisa and Mark too. I bet they found some beautiful trees in their worlds too!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Nicely done! Love the blue backdrop in these. The willow is especially nice.

Lisa said...

I really like the little tree on the lake shot.
This was a lot of fun! Good job on all your pics!

Next week's challenge: ice