Sunday, April 15, 2012

Thank You, Kid Rock

I am a weird person.  I  know that, and I'm jiggy with it.

The older I get, I'm developing a bigger and bigger crush on Kid Rock.  The crush I used to have on Bruce Willis is shifting.  After all, Bruce is remarried and just started yet another family.  Too much baggage although the guy is still a cutie patootie.  Kid Rock is not the kind of guy I'm usually attracted to but lately, he's definitely giving old Bruce a run for his money!

One of the things I really like about Kid Rock is that he motivates me to move my ass.  When I am walking on the treadmill, I like to play some Kid Rock.  A little self titled CD love or maybe the Rock and Roll Jesus CD.  The man can definitely make my toes tap and my butt move.

I am still following the Weight Watchers doctrine pretty heavily.  One of the parts that makes WW successful is that they push you to earn Activity Points.  (AP)  Activity Points is basically what you get for moving your ass, no matter how little.  Just about every activity earns AP.  What makes WW work is that it's just common sense.  Healthier eating and exercising or Activity Points. 

One subject they talked about at the last meeting is varying your work out so that you don't get bored and your body doesn't get bored with doing the same thing over and over.  I feel I limit myself as I am not going to join a gym, I'm afraid to be out by myself most places, so my exercising is going to consist of what I can do close to home.  The treadmill is ok but it gets boring.  I have a zumba CD that is a lot of fun and I'm also doing some circuit training with the Wii Fit Active.  I am always looking for new things to do though to earn my AP.

The grass needed mowing and one of the people at last week's meeting suggested leaving the riding mower in the garage and just mowing the grass by hand.  I thought that was a winner for today. The temps were beautiful, the breeze was blowing, and the grass needed cut anyway!  I have a LOT of grass that I cut but I thought I could hang!

I get a headache from the sound of the mower after awhile so I bought some noise reduction headphones that I wear when I'm mowing the lawn whether with the hand mower or the riding mower.  Today I got the great idea that if I was "working out", I needed to grab my ipod nano, my headphones and put the noise reduction headphones OVER my music headphones.  BONUS!!

I was rockin' Kid Rock and then I ended up going through most of the rest of my music library.  Ok, it's not a huge library.  Whatever.  I pushed the mower for 75 minutes (8 AP!!) and had enough.  I'm just not in that kind of shape yet.  But, while I was pushing that mower, I was singing.  I was really hoping that the sound of the mower was drowning me out.  I don't care much if it didn't.  I was having fun and besides, my neighbors already think I'm nuts.

I walked behind that mower for 75 minutes and just couldn't do it any more.  Actually, my shoulders gave out on me.  So, I put the push mower away and got out the riding mower to finish.  Now I really let loose!  I rode all over my lawn, dancing in my seat and singing at the top of my lungs!  Oh yeah, air drumming!  Let's not forget air drumming!!  Have I mentioned that my neighbors already think I'm nuts??

So there you go.  I spent the afternoon with Kid Rock.  I love that man.  My neighbors probably don't care too much for him at the moment but whatever.  Thanks, Kid Rock.  With your help I got the grass cut and I earned 8 AP.   I think I'll charge up the nano and next weekend you can help me clean the house!

1 comment:

Georgia said...

Oh, Ree, you are so funny. I love to read your stories. They make me smile. - No idea who this Kid Rock is, but I think I must look at youtube now. I'm very curious.