Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Luxurious, Photo Challenge

From Dictionary.com, I am going with the third definition:

lux·u·ri·ous

[luhg-zhoor-ee-uhs] 
adjective
3.  given to pleasure, especially of the senses; voluptuous.

This is what I had in mind when I threw this word into the mix for this month's challenge.  Since this is a family blog, I'm not going to talk about self pleasure over here so get that thought out of your mind!  However, I AM going to talk about other things that give me great pleasure.  Things that when I can get the time and space to participate in these activities, I feel very luxurious.

Let's start with my couch.  While the couch is really uncomfortable as all get out, there is something about crawling into it at five in the morning and putting my head on THAT pillow, and when the house is cold, curling under THAT blanket and hunkering in trying to take to get comfy enough to take a little snooze before it's time to wake up for the day.  Some days, I can hunker in there just right, get my back propped just right and for a few minutes, I am warm and comfortable!  This is golden, the few minutes that this actually works.  That's what give my couch luxurious status.


One of my most luxurious moments is when I can crawl quietly into a comfy spot with something good to read.  I don't care if it's a catalog, magazine, puzzle book, touch pad, Kindle or an actual book,  This is luxurious to me to have this quiet time.


Last is where I'm most comfortable.  With the computer mouse in one hand playing Pogo, one hand on the remote control with some stupid program on the TV my feet up on the foot stool.  Aaaah, now THAT is luxurious!  Or just quiet time to sit here and get my thoughts together to blog.  I have a BUNCH of blogs that are in my head and a lot of them I have pictures to go with them.  I just don't have the quiet time to sit here and put my thoughts first together and then put them in a blog.  Aaah, quiet time, another luxurious thing.


The next thing I want to buy is a new desk.  If I ever get the desk I have my eye on, good luck in getting me out of my luxurious spot!

Make sure you check out the other players of our photo challenge game!  I can't wait to see what is luxurious in every one's world!

4 comments:

gramster said...

I'm right there with you curling up with a blankie, pillow and a good book. Add rain tinkling on the roof and a glass of wine, good times.

Georgia said...

Me too. It's the best I can think of: Having time, no duties, snugglling with a blanket and reading a good book.

Lisa said...

Hey! That's MY couch! :-D
Does it recline at each end?

I like the picture of all your reading sources. The lighting compliments the environment and subjects well.

Unknown said...

Nuhuh! This is the couch with cat hair on it so it must be MY couch!! Yes, both ends recline and that thingie comes down in the middle as a table/cup holder thingie!