Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Small, Photo Challenge

I was so excited tonight when I left work and I checked out the nest I posted for yesterday's challenge and saw FOUR small birds!!  Go little bird family!!  Here are my four (I think) small birds!  If you click on the picture you can enlarge it.  I think I see four little beaks in there!


And, I found some small seeds.  Unfortunately, these darn small seeds are EVERYwhere in my yard.  I need to get some weed killer this weekend and kill them! 


That's what I have for small.  Please go and check out Lisa, Georgia and Taia.  Remember, the links to their blogs are on the top right.

4 comments:

Georgia said...

Awwww, these little birdies! So sweet.

With the weeds it's the same in my garden. For getting rid of all the small seeds in the flower beds you can simply rake once a week. They die when you do this, because their little roots lose contact to the ground by raking. You need not even pick them up. For the weeds between the pavement you can use an old spray bottle maybe from a window cleaner. Fill it with cheap vinegar and spray this over the weeds. They die at once. It's much cheaper than a professional weed killer and does it's purpose.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great idea with the vinegar! I am going to try that!!

Lisa said...

Nice catch with the babies - beware of the parental units!

Double the thanks on the vinegar idea - I'm going to try that along the fence line before the crazy b- next door sprays poison again and makes The Busters sick.

And your dandelion shot is just fine. Not everyone can be the crazy woman laying in their neighbor's front yard, trying to use the last rays of sun to catch something small ;-)

Georgia said...

Nice, that you like my vineagr tip. It's from my neighbors, country women - they know how to deal with weed on the pavement.
Do it, when there is no rain for the next few hours.