Sunday, September 19, 2010

PhotoPhun Challenge: Sharp or Pointed Things

It's PhotoPhun time again!! Oh, the pressure! Don't forget to go and check out Lisa and Mark's blogs to see what phun they came up with!

This week's challenge theme was my idea. I got this idea ever since I bought this pony tail holder thingie. I saw it as a PhotoPhun challenge photo since the day I bought it. I tried to make the picture in my head come out in the camera, but I still don't have the camera all figured out yet. I had to nix that idea and I had to go searching for other photos that would fit the challenge and here is what I came up with!

I have blogged before about my sister buying me a ceramic knife and that it's so sharp I cut myself twice cleaning the same piece of celery! Here is that damn knife! If that's not sharp, nothing is! Please note that all of my blood has been cleaned from this knife!


This is one of my prickly pear cacti that are in my yard right here in Lorain OH. Who knew that Ohio could grow such beautiful cacti! Trust me, these puppies are sharp!


This is from the pine tree in my neighbor's yard. Sharp and pointed!


I am a huge fan of wind energy. If I could put one of these in my yard, it would be there in a heart beat. This windmill is the one in the Apple's parking lot in Sheffield Lake.


And, of course, my self portrait of my nose. While in itself it might not be very pointy, I can assure you it's always helped point me into the direction of some trouble! I think that counts for this challenge!

5 comments:

Mark said...

LOVE it! Nice job!

Lisa said...

What? No pics of that fab haircut? Great pics, Ree! Do you have to bring those cacti inside when it gets cold?

Lisa said...

Next week's challenge - the weather.

Unknown said...

aargh! I should have showed you my new fab haircut! Sorry!

As for the cactus, this stays outside all year. It looks like it dies in the winter, it gets all shriveled and puny looking. But, come spring, it comes right back and flowers beautifully every year so far! I haven't had many pears on it but I get a ton of flowers. Easiest plant to take care of. Just my kind!!

Anonymous said...

You really did a good job in there. I like the way you took that pictures. They are amazing.