Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Family Fun

Oh what fun we had! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Saturday was a picnic at my brother Michael's house. Like the poor guy doesn't see enough of me at work all week!

Anyway, there was good food, family and new friends and a lot of pictures! So, here we go!

First let's start with the new comers to the gatherings. First we have brother Jim and his new friend, Deb.



Then, brother Phil, putting his best pucker face forward, and his new friend, Linda. (C'mon, Phil, you KNOW pictures I take end up on the blog!)

The picnic attendees were Ron and my FAVORITE nephew, Michael. As you can see, Michael was taking a picture of me, taking a picture of him. That was a common theme during the day!


Then, Michael, his wife Jenny, my great-nephew Grady and brother Jim. Once again, Michael taking a picture of me, taking a picture of him. For real, how many pictures of ME does one phone need???


Favorite nephew, Michael, brother Jim, great-nephew Evan.


Then there is brother Jim and great-nephew Evan, and then Evan and Linda. Evan took over his Dad's role of taking a picture of me while I was taking a picture of him! Poor kid has WAY too many pictures of me!



We had my great-nephew Grady being Grady and playing hard!


Evan was busy learning the finer points of grilling from his Dad. I hope he paid attention to how his Dad cooked that asparagus! That was the bomb! I think I could have eaten that how thing by myself!


And, of course, the chef, hard at work. You did a great job, Michael! You can cook for me any time!


It was a beautiful day for a picnic. Not too hot. Hi, Ron!


And then there is our motley crew. Starting with brother Michael and myself (I'm the cute one on the right!).


The brothers, left to right, Jim, Phil and Michael.

Then, the smart asses that they are (you guys know I love you!) got funny on me. I moved to the other side of the umbrella to see if I could get a better picture without that sun shining off of Phil's head! So I moved over, and told the guys "I want to get a picture from this side now" and here is what I got.


They are cute, aren't they?!!

Then, there are the four of us. Just remember, I'm the cute one standing behind the boys. (When you write the blogs, you can determine who the cute one is. Since I'm writing this blog, the cute one is ME!)


And, so as not to be left out, we had a short video chat with our sister Cathie in California. Here is Cathie via the web cam!


Gotta love modern technology.

Like I said, a day filled with family and all that entails. Thanks to our hosts for putting up with all of us and to the cook for the great chow. Actually, everyone had a hand in making the food so kudos to us all.

No comments: