Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How Much Would You Pay For Ugly?

Every once in awhile, I need change. I feel like I'm in that kind of funk now. Something needs to change.

Since I can't change the big things I want to change, I will have to settle with changing some of the little things. Like window coverings! It's not as expensive as getting new furniture, and hopefully it will ease that yearning for change in me.

I need a whole lot of window coverings, but I picked two windows to work on. We've been in this house seven years now and I still have nothing but mini blinds on all of the windows upstairs. Hey, I don't want to rush some things!

Over the Labor Day weekend, Ron and I headed out to JCPenney's, as I know they are always running holiday sales. I was able to order new foo-foo for one window but couldn't get what I wanted for the other window. One outta two ain't too bad, I guess.

With that taken care of, and as long as we were there, I wanted to go look at living room furniture. I really suck at picking out furniture! We are on our third bed in seven years and I hate this bed as much as the last two. I still think that's one of the reasons I can't spend a full night in that damn bed. But, I digress.

I bought new living room furniture a couple of years ago and I hate my couch and recliner. Hate. While I don't have the money right now to refurnish my living room, I do love looking. I talked Ron into going to plop our butts down on some couches just for fun!

I can honestly say I didn't care for any of the couches I plopped down on at JCPenney's that day. But, there was one overstuffed chair that looked really comfy so I tried it out. Looks were very deceiving. This was a piece of crap chair. However, while I was plopping there, right across from me, Ron was plopping onto the ugliest chair I have ever seen. I do mean ugly.

Ron told me I needed to try the ugly chair. You can see it coming, can't you! It was THE most comfortable chair I have ever plopped my butt into! Holy cow! And, as an added bonus, it was a recliner! I would never have guessed it! I went back one level, like a TV watching level. I was almost in heaven. One more level back took you to napping level. I truly found Nirvana! Have I mentioned that this chair was ugly?

I even told the sales guy that this chair was the ugliest thing I've ever seen, but I didn't want to get out of it! He was nice enough to inform me that it came in different colors, if that helped any. Let me explain - the style of the chair was ugly. The pattern on the fabric was hideous! I don't think putting it in a different color would have made any difference! But, I had one happy butt. I seriously thought I was buying an ugly chair and I'd find room in my home for it.

Until I saw the price tag.

Over $1,000 ON SALE for that much ugly. For ONE chair! A damn comfy chair but still. I just couldn't pay that much for ugly no matter how comfortable it was.

No comments: