Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Vacation - Thursday, Addendum

Yes, we are home! I'm suffering from a little bit of jet lag, so I'm a little slow getting my feet back under me. Bear with me, there are a bunch of pictures of my fun vacation to come yet!

In the mean time, I have to add something to our fun filled day at the zoo on Thursday!

After dinner, we headed down to Mission Beach. There is an amusement park down on the beach but when we were there, the park was closed. That was ok by me.

What we had instead was walking down the beach under a full moon! It was amazing how much light the full moon gave off. We had our socks and shoes off and went walking in the surf. Now, the afraid of everything part of me knows that stuff lives in that water that can kill me. So I took off my socks and shoes, rolled up my jeans and was just going to get my feet wet. The waves were at least two feet high coming in with an occasional bigger wave. A bigger wave came in fast and I couldn't run away fast enough! That one got me wet up to my knees! I didn't have my jeans rolled up that far, so I went home with sand in my shoes and wet pants. That was fine by me!

I wish I could paint you an accurate picture as to what it was like on that beach. The waves were almost surreal looking in the moonlight. It was as if the four of us were the only people on earth. I swear I could have sat on that beach all night just watching the waves come in. It was such a peaceful moment.

It surprises me every time though just how cold the Pacific Ocean is. I guess we are spoiled by the warm waters of Lake Erie. San Diego itself cools down after sunset so we finally called it a night and dried our feet and headed home.

If I ever just run away from home, look for me on Mission Beach at night. That's about as close to heaven as you will find on earth.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your vacation. The boys got their packages yesterday and they were so excited! Thank you!