Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Vacation - Sunday

We had a lovely morning just catching up with Cathie. Unfortunately, duty called and Cathie had to go to work for a few hours on Sunday afternoon. Instead of staying home while poor Cathie had to work, Ron and I decided to go to work with her! Who wouldn't want that!

We got the tour of Cathie's office, and we set ourselves up in a conference room right outside of her office. Ron and I had the laptop, so we both checked our emails and I wrote out yesterday's blog. In between checking email, Ron and I both had our books. We easily blew off a few hours while Cathie got some important project out before her Monday deadline. Win-win!

In between, I also went outside with Ron when he had his smoke breaks. We'd walk laps in the parking lot, and I took my camera to practice shooting pictures. Thank heavens I didn't have to pay to develop all of the pictures I've taken so far this week! Yikes! What did we do before digital cameras!

Here are a few things I was photographing just for the blog! First a little back story. Cathie works in the town of Santa Paula. It's a lovely little town that happens to be located in a valley between two mountains. Because of its location, there is always a breeze blowing through Santa Paula. That sure makes for some lovely weather. We just had a picture perfect southern California day. There is no way that these pictures, or any pictures I take, capture the beauty around me here. This area really is breath taking.

First off, right outside of Cathie's front door, underneath the over hang, was my new little buddy, Floyd the Snail. Why Floyd? I don't know, I just think he looks like a Floyd!


He really wasn't much company, but I enjoyed looking at him stuck up there, just hanging out. Why or how he got way up there, I don't know. But, way to go, Floyd!

There were some flower beds around the parking lot that I was having fun with. I was lucky enough to find these really cute daisy like flowers and one of them even had a bee in it! I tried to emulate some of Mark's pictures with the bee, but for all of my trying, this was the best I could do. The bee didn't stay there too long, so I grabbed as many pictures as I could and this was the best of them.


Darn thing just wouldn't take direction from me! When I'd tell him to turn this way or that or whatever, he totally ignored me. How rude!

These flowers were just so pretty! I have no idea what they are, but I love the color pattern in them.


Down a little ways I saw this palm type thing in the middle of where it didn't look like it belonged. I've heard they end up growing like weeds in places. That might not be a bad thing, as I thought this was a cool little plant!


I don't care where you are around here, there is a view of the mountains. Keep in mind we were in an industrial park, so forget about the work vehicles! That aside, you can't complain about the view.


It was just a picture perfect day. Blue skies, breeze blowing, this is the California they talk about in all of the movies, for sure.


Sunday night we met up with Cathie's husband, Dan, for dinner at Wood Ranch in Moorpark CA. If you ever get the chance to go to one of their locations, order the combo meal of tri tip and chicken breast. Holy crap, when they brought my plate out I never thought I'd eat all of that. Before you knew it, my plate was empty and I was wondering who stole my food! If only I wouldn't have inhaled it! Damn good stuff!

Sunday night was a quiet night at home. We played some board games, and just chatted and caught up and enjoyed each other's company. It doesn't get too much better than this.

Monday was touristy stuff! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Ruth and Jeff said...

Really enjoying our "Postage Free Vacation Post Cards" too. You can't get any cheaper than this Ree!! And look at all the room you have to write too! Just thought I would add my 2-cents worth to the savings that you are getting on your vacation, besides the developing of all the pictures you are taking! Glad you are able to visit Cathy and get away for awhile. Looking forward to our Monday Post Card for Ya'll! Love Ya Kid!

Anonymous said...

Wow. You really had a hand on picture taking. I love them. There's really something there for the eyes to see. Keep up the good work.