Thursday, February 23, 2012

Winter, Photo Challenge

This was the only time since grade school that I ever wished for snow.  With a challenge like "winter" for real, this year has been anything but winter like.

My prayers were answered with the teeniest bit of snow this morning.  This is my kind of winter!

First, the roof of my garage.  With a teeny bit of snow on it.


Then, when I got to work, one of the bushes outside of my building had a nice dusting of snow on it.  More in Elyria than we had here in Lorain but that was ok with me.


Just because a winter photo challenge should have a picture that actually looks like winter, I'm going into my archives from 2009.  This is on the other side of my driveway.  Now THIS is winter.


I'm ready for winter to be over for this year, even though it never really came to see us this year!  Winter.  C'mon spring!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It is supposed to snow this weekend, a few days too late for the challenge. You done good! Is that pic from 09 a drift or actual snowfall?

Unknown said...

That was the actual snowfall. Bad storm!

Georgia said...

O dear, we are glad that winter is over. I don't think we get another period of cold weather. It's rainy and the wind comes from west, which always brings us mild temperatures.
When is winter over in Ohio? At us it's usually after the wirst week in March that there is no winter weather any more.