Saturday, February 04, 2012

Good Food, Photo Challenge

Good food!  This is definitely something different for everyone.  My brother eats fish eyes.  Yeah, I would NEVER include that in a good food category, but whatever!  So, here is what I think is good food.

This is a family favorite that we grew up on.  Cut up a head of cabbage, throw some butter in a cast iron skillet, liberal amount of salt, and fry that cabbage until it's caramelized!  YUM!  We usually add this cabbage to some cooked noodles, or halushki or macaroni or whatever.  OMG, it's just about the best thing ever!


Phil got me a new George Foreman grill last week.  I used it over the weekend to grill up some steaks!


This was a George Foreman grilled strip steak, grilled portabella mushroom and onions and a baked potato.  Winner winner!  I love my George!

Then, one of the best things ever that I will probably miss the most.

Blueberry pancakes from Pete's Restaurant on West Erie Avenue!


I'm telling you, these are filled with blueberries, and tasty as tasty can be!  I am at Pete's every weekend for my blueberry pancake fix!

I love good food.  I'm gonna miss it.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Thanks for this recipe with the cabbage. Be sure, I am going to try this! Sounds very delicious! And it's really good food. I am sure that you are still allowed to eat it. Cabbage is healthy and hasn't got too much calories and you need not take too much fat. Maybe you can serve a cooked potatoe instead of noodles? It has got less calories.

Georgia said...

Let's use our recipe exchange to find healthy recipes, which are really, really tasty. Thinking of you!