Thursday, February 02, 2012

Up, Photo Challenge

The challenge today is UP!  So, I took my camera and looked UP.  I was surprised at what my camera caught!  As any novice photographer will tell you, your camera doesn't always catch what your eye sees.  I finally got a picture of some seagulls in flight!  This is a first for me. 


I know, I know.  I will keep working on that shot!

I was able to catch the moon next to the power line.


Then, Ron and I were just aimlessly driving around looking for photo opportunities when I spotted this.  Honest to Pete, I backed up down the street, pulled the car over and jumped out to take pictures.  That was a heck of a time for the home owners to come home!  But, we had a lovely chat with Marie about the great job she did with the landscaping around their home, and our shared love of taking in stray cats!  Kindred spirits for sure!  I fell in love with their whimsical bird houses!


What a great concept for a bird house. 

I'm going to try looking UP more often. 

2 comments:

Georgia said...

I love your pics, Ree. You are a good photographer! Today I love most the first and the second picture, because the blue color of the sky is amazing and the foreground is very puristic, graphic, very strictly composed. Awesome!

Lisa said...

You did a good job catching those gulls! Try zooming in and catching one in your viewfinder, then follow it and snap away.

wv: magul

Maybe next time you'll catch magul and pagul in the viewfinder.