Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Scary, Photo Challenge

You know, I'm afraid of my own shadow for crying out loud.  The list of what DOESN'T scare me would be a lot shorter than what does scare me.  But, I had to narrow it down for the blog, so I picked a couple of the biggies.  Maybe not the top three, but definitely in the top 10.

First, work is scary.  This is my desk.  Why is work scary?  I work for my brother.  That could be a good thing and most days it is.  However, I am always thinking I need to make sure he never regrets hiring me.  He went out on a limb to hire me, I don't want to chop it off behind him.  I stay scared to make sure I always do a good job so he doesn't regret hiring me.  I would hate for him to have to fire me for not doing well.


This is my house.  This scares the crap out of me.  It is ME that is responsible for the maintenance, the cleaning, the upkeep, the mortgage, the insurance, the taxes.  I bit off more than I could chew and then the bottom fell out of the housing market.  Yes, my house scares the hell out of me.


Lastly what scares me, most other women and anyone who is watching their weight.  That scary apparatus that is hiding in the bathroom behind the broom and the poop scooper.  The bathroom scale!  EWWWW!


Before anyone wonders if I am so f-ed up that I can't always hit the toilet, the broom and the poop scooper is there because there is also a litter box in this bathroom!  You're lucky I didn't take pictures of what is IN that litter box.  People, THAT is scary!

1 comment:

Georgia said...

O ree, this house is beautiful, awesome. I love such old houses. So nice the dormers of the roof! The veranda.... Really nice! OK, I'M going through the same kind of worries with my house(s) and I'm also all alone. I know how hard this sometimes is. But those old hauses are worth it.

Ree, throw these scales away, put them on the attic or elsewhere. I did so with my scales. Don't let them rule you. OK, you need a diet because of the diabetes, but no torture. Try to eat healthy and try to eat only as much as you need and forget about the scales-terror. You need to change your eating habits and this can only go very slowly by discovering new and TASTY kinds of meals. If you do so you will lose weight, slowly, but permanently. I'm also no elf, but I try it this way, because I experienced that all diets you don't like don't have any success for long. And I decided for me that I don't want diet terror because this would make me permanently grumpy. So don't be scared!