Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stressed/Relaxed, Photo Challenge

Stressed?  You want to see stressed?  You should have seen me driving home tonight.

There I was, driving west on Russia Road doing 50 mph.  Oberlin Avenue runs north and south across Russia Road and Oberlin Avenue has a stop sign.  North bound is an SUV, who stopped at the stop sign waiting for me to pass.  A semi truck is south bound.  I see him stop and as I am coming up on him, he starts to cross into the intersection to continue to go south on Oberlin Avenue.  Are you F-ING SERIOUS?

At 50 mph I am on you in a heart beat and he is barely moving as he must have had a full load.  I have nowhere to go.  I am literally standing on my brakes and all I see is his trailer getting bigger and bigger and closer and closer.  Asshole was on his cell phone and never even looked my way.

I don't have a picture of that as my camera and my purse went flying off of the passenger's seat.  Besides, the only thing picture worthy there of stressed would have been the stain in my underwear.  I had to pull over to pull my heart out of my throat and shove it back down into my chest.  I HATE being out there.  I HATE being in my car and I HATE being on the road.  Yeah, I'm not over it yet.  I hate people.

Believe it or not, I stopped at Giant Eagle on my way home after this incident and another idiot almost T-boned me in the parking lot.  Silly me was actually driving IN the lane towards the road and this asshole was cutting through the parking lot and must not have seen me driving where I was supposed to be driving.  Silly me.  He locked up his brakes and didn't miss me by much.  My reward for driving where I'm supposed to?  He flipped ME the bird.  Yeah, I hate people.

Let's move on to relaxed.  Trust me, that was a hard act to follow for Ron.

He had heard that the space station was going to be in view from Lorain at 6:42:45 for three minutes until 6:45:45.  There was a website he went to that would tell you where to look in the sky in the city you were to find the space station.  I know it's very cloudy and even raining tonight but we thought he'd head down to Hot Waters and look to the north to see if we could see the Space Station.  Plus, I've been trying to read up on taking pictures at night so this was a win/win opportunity for me. 


I made a little mark on the left in the approximate area that we WOULD have seen the Space Station if we weren't under such cloud cover.  The lights on the right are the light house and the other light that flanks the entry to the channel.

So, on the relaxing side, I got to practice a few night shots with my camera.  And, Ron and I got to watch the submarine races there.  It's been a LONG time since I've done that!

I still hate people.  And for now I'm going to go to bed and pull the covers up over my head and remind myself why I have to leave the house tomorrow to go to work.

Stressed/Relaxed.  Yeah, I'm glad this one is over.  I hate people.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

Oh, poor Ree! Traffic can be so annoying, people can be so annoying. It's everywhere the same. There is only one remedy: Let them all drive and go crazy, but don't get annoyed or stressed. It's not easy, I know, but I'm feeling much better since I try nor to be annoyed any more. By the way, I also hate driving. I'm much too often in my car and I would like to do lots of things instead. It's wasting time, but I have to drive to work. There is no way avoiding it. - Nice story with the space station. Glad that you had a nice evening! Life can be good!