Sunday, October 31, 2010

PhotoPhun Challenge: Happy Halloween!!

What a fun challenge this was! Lisa came up with Halloween as a challenge. Her idea was to show your holiday decorations. Well, I don't decorate. Anything. Any time. I still don't have curtains on all of my windows for crying out loud! So, I had to live vicarously through other people.

I go by a house on East Avenue in Elyria most days on my way home from work. I absolutely love the decorations they have up! I've been meaning to stop on my way home from work all week to get some pictures but this has not been a good week. But, I digress.

So, Saturday, Ron and I went on an adventure looking to take some pictures for this PhotoPhun Challenge. I started with this house in Elyria that belongs to Tanya and her family. How do I know? Because Tanya was nice enough to come outside and give us a personal tour of her masterpiece when she saw me out there snapping pictures! We had a lovely talk in front of her fabulous decorations. So, thank you to Tanya for taking the time to speak with us and tell us her story. If you go by here, give her a beep and a wave and tell her I sent you!

Here is their front yard. The more I looked, the more great stuff I saw. The very first thing that caught my eye was the wrong turn sign. Story of my life!


One thing in their yard was better than the next.




This is Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley! Priceless!


And my two personal favorites. Bad Santa and the dog from hell.



Since I explained to Tanya what I was doing, she suggested another house on Middle Avenue in Elyria that had some great stuff up. We headed right over there to check it out. There were actually two houses, side by side with some awesome stuff up! Again, camera in hand, I was out of the car snapping pictures. More people with so much talent!


I fell in love with this skeleton!


And, what's Halloween without a good witch?


The house next door was just as decked out.



And I loved the attention to detail over here as well. The raven to the left of the cross just tickled me!


And, lastly, the ghost rider in the horseless carriage found on Lake Avenue in Elyria.


What a fun challenge! I think I'm saying that every week but I mean it. I am having way too much fun with this. Check out Lisa and Mark and see how much fun they had this week as well!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this! You are just too cool, out there exploring and meeting new people. I'm glad you're having so much fun with this :)

Mark said...

You absolutely kicked butt this week! Great shots! And extra points for making a new friend!!

Lotsa folks really get into Halloween and you found'em.

Ditto what Lisa said about all the fun.

Lisa said...

And the next challenge is...???

Mark said...

Meant to come up with something last night, but I was working on getting a couple posts ahead.

Happy it is!