Thursday, October 07, 2010

I Lost My Insulation

I gotta tell you, this weather change is hurting me bad!

I am not one to be cold. The highest my heat is set on at home is 68 and down lower during the night. And some days I think that is too warm! At work, I am allowed to put the heat up to 64 during the day and with a sweatshirt on, I've been fine with that. I was fine with that, since January! Now we haven't even started to get cold outside yet and I am frozen.

For real, lounging around the house I'd be in nightshirt and a pair of shorts. If I got cold, I'd put socks on. I was jiggy. Now, it's only down to 50 degrees outside, and I am sitting here half frozen.

I have started at work to use a space heater. Not once last year, in sub zero weather, was it ever turned on. I've had it on three days in a row now! I defrost my fingers on it, then go back to work for a bit.

My toes are like ice, my legs are warm but that's only because I'm wearing my new black sweat pants and they just came out of the dryer! My fingers are icicles. Even my nose is wet and cold. C'mon now, it's not even winter yet!

Did losing 60 pounds really make this much of a difference in keeping me warm? I so need to buy more sweat pants. And maybe slippers. A parka. A down sleeping bag. Coal. Fire wood. A plane ticket to the Bahamas.

No comments: