Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kiwi Berries

Last week I was doing my weekly shopping at Sam's Club. While walking through the produce, I saw a lady standing in front of a display with an odd look on her face. Yes, I'm nosy. Anything that can elicit that kind of face on someone, I wanna know what it's about. I copied her face and I asked her what's up!

You know I do love to talk to strangers! This lady was looking at kiwi berries. We both talked about how was it possible that these tasted anything like a kiwi fruit! Were we going to have to peel these little gems like you do a regular kiwi fruit? We finally decided that if she was willing to take a chance and try them, so would I! We wiped the odd looks off of our faces and each grabbed a clam shell of kiwi berries and we were off!

A strange looking fruit, similar to a grape. Here are the kiwi berries.



And, the kiwi berries next to a bunch of red grapes. Similar in size, kinda in color too.


Before I popped one in my mouth, I cut one of the berries in half. It sure did look like a kiwi fruit, even if it didn't have a fuzzy skin!


The jury is still out on whether I'd buy them again or not. They are not as sweet as kiwi fruit as these berries have a little sourness to them. They taste like a cross between a kiwi and a grape! Not terrible, just took some getting used to.

If you see them (I've never seen them before this!), pick some up and let me know what you think of them!

No comments: