Thursday, October 21, 2010

Target On My Back

Yesterday was not my day. Some days it seems like not much goes right.

It started on my way to work. There I was, minding my own business, getting ready to turn left into the parking lot at work. The road I work on is a two lane road, one lane southbound and one lane northbound. There I am, turn signal on, slowed way down ready to make my left turn.

Movement to my left caught my eye (thank heavens!) and what do I see in my side mirror? Some moron zipping up the oncoming traffic lane to PASS me while I was trying to turn! For real! Wasn't that damn turn signal a give away that I was turning? I straightened out the car, watched this bozo fly by me and then I turned safely into the parking lot. Where I immediately checked how clean my undies were! Holy crap, for real. I did have to sit in the parking lot and get my heart rate back down a bit. Wow.

Later in the day, I was sitting at my desk, again minding my own business! Suddenly, someone is walking over my head! I've blogged before that we have problems with critters. However, this does NOT sound like a raccoon, it sounds big with two feet!

I go running out into the warehouse to check on the guy out there. He's calm, just working away without a care in the world. Me? I'm freaking out telling him that someone is on the roof! He says yeah, the maintenance guy is up there, working on a couple of holes in the roof. No big deal!

No big deal? Tell a girl, huh? I don't know what I freaked out so much over that, but I did.

Lastly, even the spirits in my house had it in for me. After dinner, I was in the basement getting a load of clothes out of the dryer. I was bent over, reaching into the dryer when BAM! The door to the furnace had come off and smacked me in the ass! C'mon now, what did I do to deserve that?!!

I really was thinking it was my imagination, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how or why that door came off. I had a heck of a time getting the door back on. Tonight, I took Ron down to the basement and we tried to reenact the door coming off. Ron even tried banging the dryer door into the furnace to get the door to pop off and it wouldn't happen. From where I was standing, for the furnace door to come that far and hit me, it's a head scratcher.

So there. One of those days under a dark cloud. Today I tried to have a quieter day. I kept my nose clean and tried to stay off of every one's radar. And, just in case, I wouldn't let myself be alone in the basement! Poor Ron got roped into doing laundry with me. Hey, finally a bright spot! Hmm, kind of curious though that he wouldn't stand too close to me in the basement.

No comments: