Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Romantic Breakfast

At least one day over the weekend, Ron and I like to go out to breakfast. Our breakfast spot of choice is called Beach Cliff Diner and it's over at the corner of West Erie Avenue and Leavitt Road.

This place has changed names a bunch of times since we've lived in Lorain, but it's been under this management for a few years now. The sign out front still has the previous business name of Pete's and to be honest, we still call it Pete's!

I guess we're semi regulars there. We know people there! We know the staff!

Last Saturday, Ron and I headed to Pete's for breakfast. I usually try to eat better, but this day I ordered their fabulous short stack of pancakes (of course, with sugar free syrup!). They have THE best pancakes! I can say that since I don't even like pancakes, but I love theirs! And, on the days that I don't mind a good stomach ache, I order their eggs over easy.

Before you think that their cooking makes me sick, that's not it. I get varying degrees of stomach distress every time I eat eggs. Their over easy eggs make it so worth getting sick over! Over easy really means over easy there! A slice of wheat toast for dunking into those eggs, MMMM!

Anyway, our favorite server there is Shelly. And, not just because she tells me I look so skinny any time we go in there now. Yeah, that usually doubles her tip. But aside from that, she's just a hoot!

As I said, Ron and I were there Saturday for breakfast. When Shelly brought out our food, she asked if there was anything else we needed. Since I can rarely give a straight answer to a question, my smart-aleck answer to that was "maybe some candlelight and some music?"

Shelly was on the ball. Next thing I knew, she was there with a candle stuck in a to-go coffee cup lid! Sweet!!


The table next to us offered to sing happy birthday to whichever of us was celebrating. The look on her face when I told her it was neither of our birthdays, it was just a regular, run of the mill, romantic breakfast!

If you're looking for a great breakfast, go to Pete's (Beach Cliff Diner). Ask for Shelly and tip her well. Tell her I sent you!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We go there! How come I never saw you before? I wish they made banana pancakes like Chellos [nobody does], but their blueberry ones -well done- are a worthy sub. Their country fried steak breakfast is yummy too.

You should cross the bridge someday and check out the New York Restaurant on East Erie. Everything is good, even the cabbage soup!