Sunday, October 24, 2010

PhotoPhun Challenge: Looking Into The Past

Great job to Mark and Lisa for coming up with this idea! This was a lot of fun!

The challenge was to take an old picture and to go where that picture was taken and take a new picture showing the then and now of the scene. I went through all of my pictures, but I only found two that I wanted to work with. But I think they are good ones!

The first one I took in Erie PA yesterday. This is my home town and this picture is even at the house I grew up in! You can see the poles my Mom used to run the ropes to hang laundry out are still there, but the garage is new as is the tulip tree. The yard is totally different from what it used to be back then. Then again, so am I!


And then this one is of my actual house here in Lorain! The back of the house used to have a small outside porch. When Larry remodeled the house, he enclosed this porch and it now is the home to my refrigerator as well as a pantry and more cupboards! Bonus!


If you also notice on the top left of the old picture, there is a door that went out onto the roof of this porch. Well, that door is no longer there and I have nice shelving in my bathroom where that door used to be.

So, that is what I came up with for this week. Make sure you check out Lisa and Mark's blog, as well as our newcomer, Kalin! I'm know everyone found some great stuff this week!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Good job! Hope you had fun! Looking forward to Halloween!

Lisa said...

Well done!

Next Sunday is the PhotoPhun Halloween Challenge. Show us your best Halloween pictures. Decorations, costumes, whatever Halloween is to you - we wanna see it!
If you do not do "the Halloween thing", then show us your best fall pictures instead.