Sunday, October 03, 2010

PhotoPhun Challenge: Macros

Way cool challenge!

First, thank you so much to Lisa for helping me out with this challenge. Who knew my camera had a macro setting! Who knew it had ANY settings!

There I was on Friday, having lunch at my desk at work. I was studying the material Lisa had sent me on how to use my camera. I sat there and decided to play around a little. It's true: the accidental shots are sometimes the best shots!

I was playing with the buttons on my camera and I was taking pictures of my keyboard. The good news/bad news is that I think I got a really good shot of all of the crap on my keyboard (including what I think is some peanut butter on the "k" and "i" keys). The bad news is holy cow, there is a bunch of crap all over my keyboard! I just cleaned this dang thing this week! Uck!


As I was reading through my camera homework, I looked at the peanut butter jar sitting on my desk. Lunch on Friday was celery and peanut butter. After vaca, I HAD to get back on my diet! Anyway, I thought that the inside of the peanut butter jar would make a great shot. I think I was right!


We are all hooked up with walkie talkies at work. Looking at the walkie talkie on my desk, I thought hey! That would be a great shot! At least I like it!


This was the inspiration for me to call sharp and pointed things for a challenge recently. Who knew I had to turn on the macro setting on my camera to get ANY shot! This is a pony tail holder, no rubber bands necessary. The spikes are supposed to hold your hair together into a pony tail. I love it!


Lastly, as long as I was in the bathroom (you know I love my bathroom shots!) I looked around for what else I could shoot. I saw my container of Epsom Salt. Who knew it was so cool up close!


I need more work on this macro setting. I've been trying some other stuff, but still not ready for the blog yet! I bet if you go look at Lisa and Mark's blog, they were able to make their cameras sing for this challenge!

That was fun! But for now, I think I'm going to take that epsom salt and my rubber duckies and fill up my bathtub and soak my weary bones!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

You took some really neat pictures!
I'm glad the info I sent you helped a little. The only way to learn is to play :-)

Your challenge this week – take pictures of the good things that are happening in the state/city/village/township/etc. where you live and share them with us next Sunday.
[The whole story is @ the House]

Lisa said...

Hey - I forgot to tell you that pb shot is awesome! How did you get the little streaks of color in there?

Unknown said...

I am trying to think of a spin I could put on this to make it look like I did that on purpose! I can't come up with a story though. The truth is that the colors came from whatever was on my desk, shining through the plastic peanut butter jar! I believe that blue/green was the display on my calculator! A totally by accident good picture!

Mark said...

Nice color in the pb!! Very cool! Nice close up of the walkie AND the ponytail! Sharp and very detailed.

Anonymous said...

I loved all the close up shots. They really show what is going on around you all of the time. I especially liked that Epson Salt view.

Big Bro Phil