Monday, November 01, 2010

I Shopped 'Til I Dropped

That doesn't take much for me. I was soooo born without the shopping gene that most women have. I hate to go out there and look and decide and choose what I want. And, there is the money thing. I hate spending it. I know, I'm not normal.

Some things I'm ok with spending. I don't get ill when I buy groceries or the like. But I remember at the closing on my house I threw up. Same thing when buying the refrigerator and the stove. That's a lot of freakin' money passing through my fingers too quickly! Ugh, the horrors of it! Yeah, I don't spend money well.

So you know the other week actually sucked since my dryer broke as well as my dehumidifier in the basement. Not a good week.

The dehumidifier has been going for about a month now. It's not smoking yet but it's close. As long as I was out spending too much money, I just tacked that on to my list. It's like taking off a band aid. If you're going to spend money, do it all at once. Dripping it out a little here and a little there just hurts more.

I have been looking in person and on line and chose the dryer I wanted from Home Depot. It's a Maytag and my favorite part is the large drum capacity. I bought a front load washing machine when I had to replace my old machine three or four years ago. The sales guy told me that if I could shut the door on the machine I didn't have too many clothes in there! What he didn't tell me was that just because it fit in the washing machine, did NOT mean it was all going to fit in the dryer. Who knew? So, that was on my wish list when I had to buy a dryer.

Now I have a 7.4 cubic foot dryer and over the weekend I even dried the comforter from my bed in there! Queen sized comforter, no longer having to go to the Laundromat to use the industrial dryer, no longer hanging it for a couple of days on a line in the basement! Just over one hour and that puppy was totally dry! Awesome.

So, I started at Home Depot and even had Ron push a waste basket near me, just in case. My stomach may have been rolling, but I kept it all inside. I looked at their dehumidifiers and they were running $50 more than other places we'd looked. Yeah, you're not getting me on that one.

We stayed in the same plaza and went to the new WalMart and got it there. Bigger than the one at Home Depot and cheaper. See why I hate shopping?

That was two big items off of my list. Now, I really need an interim pair of jeans. I don't want a top of the line pair of jeans, just something to wear for now as my weight is in between what it was and what's it's going to be. As long as we were at WalMart, I looked there at jeans.

Even after the weight loss, I am not a small women. Who's bright idea was it to make jeans in MY size that are hip huggers? Hello? Do you know what's above my hips? If I wore jeans that only came up to my hips, a whole lotta ME would be hanging over said jeans. That's just wrong in any one's book. Just because you CAN make fat jeans in hip hugger style doesn't mean you SHOULD, for crying out loud.

Maybe WalMart wasn't the place I should be shopping for jeans. Ok, I'll spend a couple of more dollars, head next door and check out Kohl's. Guess what. Same thing. C'mon people! NO! These jeans should all be taken out of the stores and burned! Holy crap, if I ruled the world for just one day!

So, I spent some money and was trying to spend a little more but couldn't. Let's review:

  • Maytag dryer - I am a happy camper. This should last me at least for the next 10 years.
  • Dehumidifier - It's ok, I don't like the new bucket in the front design but that's all they had. If this one lasts for seven years like the last one, I'll be happy.
  • Jeans - not happening in this life time. I'm going back to Ron's sweat pants!

No comments: