Sunday, November 07, 2010

PhotoPhun Challenge: What Makes Me Happy!

'Tis the season. I can't be the only one dreading already the upcoming holiday season. Since I seem to be getting myself worked into a state about it already, I chose for this week's PhotoPhun challenge a look into what makes each of us happy! Make sure you check out Lisa and Mark's blog and see what makes them happy too!

Let's look at some of the things that make me happy. Large print books! For real people. Once you get into that bifocal stage of your life, large print books are a necessity! It's just so much easier than trying to figure out what part of your bifocal to look through!


The large print fiction and the large print mystery section at my local library make this one a no brainer. Every time my book has this symbol on it, I am happy!

Fifteen years ago I bought my rice and veggie steamer. You might think this is a silly thing to put on my "makes me happy" list but I love my steamer! Granted, I don't do much rice in there any more but most of my cooked veggies are done in here. These are the carrots from our family dinner last night. More on that later! I LOVE my steamer and yes, it makes me very happy. Some of the best $20 I ever spent.


As much as I bitch and complain about the cost of upkeep and the work of cleaning it, my fish tank makes me deliriously happy. Especially when it's sparkling clean like it is now. (thanks, Ron!) There are countless hours spent in front of this fish tank just getting lost in thought. I've never been able to get a great picture of it though since it's hard to get them little buggers to stand still long enough. But, my fish tank definitely makes me very happy, bad picture or not.


I blogged earlier in the week about Ron sending me flowers. Not just any flowers, but the best flower there is, gerber daisies. C'mon now, look at these things! You just can't be sad when there are gerber daisies by you. You can't. It's impossible. Gerber daisies make me happy.


And lastly, my family. Ok, they drive me nuts, but I don't know what I would do without them. I love you guys; and you definitely make me happy.



4 comments:

Mark said...

Great pics!! Love the flowers, and will have to look into the steamer. Well done!

Lisa said...

We can always count on Ree to have something you'd never expect to see. :-) You always do such a good job!
It was good to see you yesterday and to meet Ron. Your pictures of him look nothing like the real Ron. Is that a special setting on your camera - "disguise my man"? ;-) He's in-ron-nito ha ha

Unknown said...

HA! I think it's just that he combed his hair before we went out yesterday! ;-)

Mark said...

Next week? How about patterns? Did we do something like that at all? Kinda like if you stared at a flight of stairs going up?