Monday, November 08, 2010

Saturday Dinner

Saturday I had most of my family over for dinner. It started out as an easy dinner. I asked my brother Jim from Erie to come to visit. If he was willing to make the drive, I was making city chicken for supper! I know Jim doesn't like to turn down free grub, but city chicken? Even I'd drive two hours for that!

So what started out as a dinner for four quickly became a dinner for ten! It happened so fast, I'm really not sure WHAT happened! Then, before dinner time, it dwindled back down to dinner for six. I was jiggy with it, even though I tried to cook enough for ten!

You think I'm lying? Here is the tray of meat on skewers. And, of course, the meat is on the skewers in two rows of alphabetical pieces! Beef, pork, veal, beef, pork veal. Could I do this any other way?


That's a lotta meat! And, once it was cooked, it was awesome! Here is the platter of finished city chicken.


I out did myself to the point that I think even Mom would have been proud. The only thing I didn't do that Mom did was make a breading patty with the left over bread crumbs and egg mixture. That's only because there was no left over bread crumbs! Note to self: next time you make city chicken, check to make sure you have enough bread crumbs. I made this by the skin of my teeth. Whew!

Chicken out of the oven, it was time to eat. Going around the table starting on the left we have my brother Jim, his friend Debbie, Phil's friend Linda, brother Phil and of course Ron! If this isn't a party, I don't know what is!


My brother Mike along with his son Mike and his grandkids were able to to stop by after dinner for a nice visit.

Here is Mike with two of the loves of his life, his grandsons Grady who was being camera shy and Evan making silly faces for the camera. Aren't they cute?


My favorite nephew Mike, with his son Evan, mugging for the camera.


Jim, AKA UJ, and Grady who was finally warming up to the party.


And, last, father and son. They missed their calling as fashion models for Vogue. Talk about striking a pose!


So there you go. Another fun time in Lorain on a Saturday night!

Thanks to all for coming and playing our reindeer games with us. As great as it was to see everyone, the quiet after they all left was heavenly.

You know what they say . . . when it's too loud, that means you're too old. Yeah. Got it. I'm old! Next dinner? Halupki! (Slovak stuffed cabbage) Who's in?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Count me in for the next dinner

Big Bro Phil