Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy "Making It Through Thursday" Day

I'm having a hard time with the upcoming holidays already. In a lot of ways, I'd like to climb into bed, pull the covers over my head and not come out again until January 1st. Since I can't do that in reality, I guess I'll just take one day at a time and try to get through to the end of the freakin' year.

While I may want to boycott the holidays this year, I was thinking about the Thanksgiving food goodness. Thanksgiving does have the best food out of any of the holidays, in my opinion. All week this week I've been thinking about Thanksgiving, particularly the stuffing.

I am also a non-traditionalist. Screw the holidays! Why do I need to wait until next week for some good food? Wednesday night after dinner, I stood in my kitchen doing all of the futzing to make a small batch of stuffing. Last night, we had stuffing!


Ok, a small batch of stuffing, but stuffing nonetheless. I have no intention of going through all of the work of a turkey, but I could easily throw together my version of chicken cordon bleu!


It was a great night to eat dinner at my house last night! Everything came out great, even the spinach salad and the green beans that went with this. You guys celebrate next week. In my world last night, we celebrated "Making It Through Thursday" Day.

No comments: