Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Where's My Sock?

Monday after work I went to Erie PA for a few hours.

I took a change of clothes to work and before I left, discarded the jeans, sweatshirt, socks and safety shoes for dress pants, sweater, panty hose (ugh) and heels (bigger ugh). Since my brother is still out, I used his office for my changing room. I gathered my clothes, folded them neatly and put them in my car.

Then on to Erie. Before heading back to Ohio, my brother Jim and I went and had a late dinner together. We went to Applebee's on upper Peach Street. Now, I used to be a huge fan of Applebee's but everything I've loved on their menu they have taken off. What's that about? The Applebee's by me never seemed to get your order right anyway so what was the point in going? But, the Applebee's in Erie was much better than our local one.

First off, we had an awesome server. If you go to this Applebee's, ask for Ryan (even though I kept calling him Joe. Hey, he looked like a Joe to me!) This kid was a hoot! And, tip him well, he works hard putting up with people like me.

Good dinner and great company aside, I thought a cup of coffee before my drive home would be in order. Ryan kept my cup full and even filled my travel mug that was in the car for me. Bonus! I was wired as all get out driving home but what the heck! I got there!

I forgot how much I loved to drive at night. It's quieter, aside from my blaring stereo, and much less traffic. Plus, I think the traffic that is out there is naturally slower in the dark. At least it seemed like I was passed by much fewer people coming home. It was a peaceful drive home, for that I am thankful.

I did get home at almost midnight last night. I had a small case of the shakes from the coffee but other than that I was good. Ron and I talked for a bit then I went upstairs to get out of those blasted panty hose and get my dirty clothes in the dirty clothes bin.

Sweatshirt - check. Jeans - check. Socks - um one out of two. No check!

I looked around the bedroom and even reshook out my clothes. No second sock. I told Ron my dilemma and that I was too tired to look too far for my wayward sock. He was nice enough to check my route backwards from the bedroom, to the office, to the bathroom, down the stairs, through the living room, dining room, kitchen, side stairs. No sock. It was a mystery.

This morning when I went to leave for work, I opened the garage door and taa daa! There was my sock on the ground in the garage. Then it hit me. Gone are the days of coming home with my underwear in my pocket and now I'm reduced to just looking for my missing sock. Oh the good old days. I miss them.

No comments: