Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Special Delivery

One day last week, I was sitting at work when FedEx showed up with a delivery. That's not unusual, we ship and receive stuff all day long. What was unusual was the fact that this delivery was for ME! Other than Staples Office Supplies, I never get deliveries. And, this one was from FTD. Bonus!

I got the flowers and they were gorgeous! The vase they came in however, was smashed. Into a thousand little pieces no less. But, my dozen gerber daisies were healthy and unscathed and beautiful!

Ron said he sent the flowers just for the heck of it. I guess I'm not a trusting person as I interrogated him as to why he sent flowers to work! He said he didn't do anything wrong, he didn't break anything and nothing was up! Hmm. I'm still not sure I believe it but I was thrilled with my posies. Too bad about the vase though.

I took my flowers home that night where they now sit beautifying my office at home.

Then yesterday, again FedEx shows up at work with another box from FTD! The exact same flower arrangement, only this time, with an intact vase!


Is that vase too cute or what! And, it looks wonderful on my credenza in my work office.

Ron contacted FTD and had told them about the broken vase. FTD immediately said they'd send a new arrangement. Ron explained that the flowers were gorgeous and I was tickled with them and if I could only get that vase, I'd be happy.

FTD stated they were replacing the entire arrangement and that I should just enjoy getting the extra flowers! That's a no brainer! I AM enjoying it! Hats off to you, FTD. You went above and beyond making this customer happy.

So, I have happy gerber daisies at home to enjoy and I have the above arrangement in my office at work to enjoy.

Damn, either Ron was a very bad boy or I was a very, very good girl. Either way, I'm jiggy with it.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

He probably missed you with all the time you have been spending in Erie lately! You should be thinking positive thoughts!! Good for Ron too that he called and complained! Two is definetly better than one!! That vase is really cute to...just goes to show you he wants you to smile and be happy!!

Jenny said...

You are one lucky girl! Twice the joy!