Monday, January 23, 2012

Sorrento's, That's Just Wrong, Page 26

The other night when Ron and I went to LCCC to see Damn Yankees, we had gone to dinner first to Sorrento's.

I've blogged before about going to Sorrento's and as far as I was concerned, it was on my "do not go to ever again" list.  I can't find the post right now, but to catch you up, we had gone to Sorrento's for dinner awhile back.  We were sitting in the dining room and I watched as the waitresses were folding the new cloth napkins.  She had dropped a bunch of them on the floor, picked them up and continued folding.  Really??

The germ-o-phobe in me had to say something.  EWW.  If something is on your floor, I do NOT want to be putting it on my face.  I'm funny that way.  Our server said she understood and would say something to the server who was folding the napkins but I said then that I wouldn't be back.

If your staff has no regard to the health code infractions, that comes from the top.  If she actually thought there was nothing wrong with taking napkins off of the filthy floor and putting them back in the stack to be used by patrons, then I can only imagine what is allowed in the kitchen.  Some people like to sit where they can watch what's going on in the kitchen.  Not me.  The less I know the better!

Anyway, we're heading to the show and want to eat somewhere close by.  Ron suggested Sorrento's but I reminded him of my "do not go to ever again" list.  He pooh-pooh'ed me, telling me that was just ONE server and that was a LONG time ago, blah blah blah.  Some days it's easier to go along than to argue.  Fine, let's go to Sorrento's.

You're never going to believe what happened.

We ordered 1/2 of a carafe of wine.  That probably saved me from making a bigger scene.  We both ordered dinners that included a salad.  The salads were brought out and I'm eating and suddenly bite down on something that's NOT salad.  You ever bit into foil?  I don't know if it's the fillings in my teeth or just that it's foil, but you know immediately something is wrong.  I fished it out of my mouth and it is is the foil that you take off of the top of a wine bottle before opening it. 

Really?  HOW does your food get contaminated in the kitchen???  Or, if the salad isn't IN the kitchen but at a stand where the servers prepare the salads themselves, the question remains:  HOW DO YOU ALLOW CONTAMINANTS INTO YOUR FOOD????

There is NO excuse on this earth why this piece of foil from a wine bottle got into the middle of my salad.  Even if it was the foil from OUR bottle of wine.  The reason it happened is poor management and lack of following health code regulations.  Ugh.

Ron did bring it to our server's attention and the restaurant comped our wine.  That wine is what saved them from me going off on them in the middle of the dining room so that was probably a good thing.

Guess who's back on my "do not go to ever again" list?   And this time, it's etched in stone.  Contaminants in my food?  Yeah, that's just wrong.


5 comments:

Georgia said...

Sadly it's standard in most restaurant, that they are NOT clean. I worked as a server during my study and experienced the worst things. The guest gets his plate served with a lace napkin but behind the counter they smoke, th ashes falls down on the plates and they wipe the plates with their dirty sleeves. And the kitchen is even worse.
Since this student's job I don't like to eat in a restaurant.

Georgia said...

O dear, I mistyped a lot. It's early morning and I am half sleeping. Sorry.

Lisa said...

Should have gone to Luchita's

Ron said...

I did try to talk her into Luchita's! But we agreed, the Margaritas are so good we probably wouldn't have made the Show!

Lisa said...

@ Ron
Margaritas might have made the show - or dealing with the neighbors - more interesting ;-)