Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's My Birthday! . . . in Korea!!

January 16, 1963.  Yes, I am going to be 49 years young!

Anyone that knows me, knows I love my birthday!!  I can't help it, one day of the year it's MY turn to be the center of attention, queen for the day.

I have a few routines that I do every year on my birthday.  I stay up until midnight the night before so I can welcome in my birthday.  My sister Cathie then calls me at midnight, to be the FIRST to wish me a happy birthday on my day!  She makes sure that I start my day off right!

Then, I have to stay awake until midnight on the night of my birthday, to say good bye to my birthday for another year. 

This year, my brother Michael stole Cathie's thunder and was the first to wish me a happy birthday ON my birthday!  You see, my brother Michael is right now in Korea, where it is 14 hours ahead of us.  So at midnight his time, 10:00 am my time, I got a Skype call from Michael ON my birthday!  How awesome was that?? 

People think I go nuts over my birthday.  Guilty.  It's my favorite holiday of the year.  Every year should be better than the year before.

Now, did Mike start a new tradition?  A girl could sure get used to this!  I think from now on, I either need a new friend in Korea, or Mike needs to go back again next year!

Happy birthday to me!  I can't hear that too many times!


3 comments:

Georgia said...

Happy birthday, Ree! All the best wishes for you! I'm not in Korea, but here in Germany it's already morning. Have a wonderful birthday with all things and guests you love.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Georgia!

It's going to be a great day!

Cathie said...

Happy Birthday, Beautiful!!!