Wednesday, January 04, 2012

New Toy

You know, it doesn't take much to amuse me!

I have an alarm clock on the bedside table on my side of the bed.  It's just used as a clock since I use my cell phone as an alarm clock.  I can't seem to spend an entire night in bed, so the cell phone alarm just made it easier than remembering to turn off the bedroom alarm clock and turn on an alarm clock in the living room.

Just recently I found out that Ron isn't happy with the clock situation since he said he can never SEE it.  On my bedside table is usually at least one book so that alone will obscure his view of the clock.  I never thought about it as I can see the clock ok from my side of the bed, if I need to.

A few years ago when we were visiting my sister in California, my brother-in-law had this clock in our bedroom that actually projected the time up on the ceiling so you could see it from anywhere in the room.  I know when we were there, Ron LOVED that clock.  I guess he's been thinking of it ever since!  He finally picked one up for us!


This is the view as I was laying on my side of the bed.  The size of the numbers is somewhere between 3" and 6" tall.  It depends on if you ask Ron or me!  I guess we both measure differently!  ;-)  Anyway, it's a very cool little toy.

I was afraid this would give off too much light in the room but honestly, unless your eyes are open, you don't realize there is a light source in the room.  The only bad news is that my eyes are so freakin' bad that without my glasses on, I still can't read it!

At least now Ron can finally see the clock and we have a new toy.  Win-win as far as I'm concerned!

No comments: