Thursday, January 05, 2012

Caturday

Ok, I am sure I nicked this title from somewhere else.  But, it's been awhile since I blogged about the cats and I have some good pics I wanted to share.  So, it's "Caturday" or "Cat Update".  See?  I think I picked the winner.

Let's start with Benny.  Benny isn't a cat that will curl up in my lap for some love for very long.  I may get a little pounce by now and again, and he interacts with me in other places in the house, but when I'm sitting down relaxing, Benny isn't usually in my lap.  He's all around my legs when I'm in the basement doing laundry.  In the kitchen, he's my shadow.  But heaven help me if I sit at the dining room table to read a book or work on the laptop.

Last weekend, I picked up a new book from library.  Here I am, trying to enjoy page ONE!  Please note that he needs to lay on TOP of the book.


The other night, I was trying to play some Pogo while I was cooking dinner.  He finally laid down between me and the laptop.  Made it kind of difficult to play this way.


The best was tonight as I was trying to blog on the Lorain 365 blog.  Luckily, I was able to hit "publish" before Benny had enough of me blogging.


I love this little boy!  Ok, I could take a hint.  I shut down the laptop and played with Benny while the dinner finished in the oven.

Then there is Penelope.  My friend Linda gave both of the cats little catnip toys for Christmas.  (Thanks, Linda!)  Penelope protected that little catnip pillow with her life!  Benny's goal was to get that away from Penelope and for once, he failed.  She was NOT giving it up!


Then there was the aftermath of that catnip.  My Penelope was one happy little kitty!


Tonight, as almost every night when I come upstairs, here is what I find.  Penelope, keeping my office chair warm for me.  Ok, I have to push her out of it so I could sit down, but it's the thought that counts, right?


I know, I've said it before, but who would have EVER guessed I'd have pets.  And, something beyond fish!  Two cats.  They own the house, and I work my life around their needs.  Who needs another cat to be that "crazy cat lady"?  I think I'm there already.

Lastly, a picture of each of them that I really like.  Benny, napping in the sunlight, and Penelope reflected in the window.



I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I love these cats!

3 comments:

Georgia said...

Love your pictures. Two cuties...

Lisa said...

Those last two shots are beautiful! They are such cool cats :-)

Cathie said...

LOVE the shot of Penelope's reflection!!! Great job!!!