Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mystery Building

Last night I posted this picture to our Lorain 365 blog.  Lisa and I are each posting one picture a day of something in Lorain and we're going to be doing this for one whole YEAR!


Anyway, on occasion, I go through the Chase Bank drive through.  The entrance to the drive through is located on 21st Street, just east of Broadway.  This building will be directly in front of you as you exit the drive through on 20th Street.

For the last two years or so I have been using this drive through and this building has always just fascinated me.  I have no idea what it is, but while I'm waiting in line at the drive through, this building absolutely mesmerizes me.

See on the top right?  Why is that window missing?  Who goes to that hole to watch out?  Who or what are getting into the building through that hole up there?

For a long time, this building was dark and I assumed empty.  Then, maybe a year ago or so, suddenly, there was a light on.  Some of the windows are blocked by plywood or something, but if you look at the second floor windows, the second one from the right, I now see a ceiling light on through that window.  What's up??  Every time I go by, that same light seems to be on.  It can't be an abandoned building if the power is still on in there, right?

Lisa suggested I do my home work on this building and go check out at the library or the Historical Society to see what this building is or was.  I just might have to do that!

All I know is that a lot of us bloggers are aspiring novelists.  Heaven knows I always thought I'd have written at least one book by now.  This building talks to me.  I think if I ever DO get that novel written, it will be about this building.  Who or what lives in there?  Why are there lights on but it still doesn't look like anyone's home?  It's definitely going to be a mystery book on this mystery building.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

I'm curiously awaiting the results of your research. This building mesmerized me too when I saw your picture for the very first time. There are different periods of constructing it and it looks really strange.