Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Time For A Murse

One of the things that I really like about Ron is that he is one of the most secure men I've ever met. He is the least homophobic person I know. He knows who he is, and he's good with it. You know what? So am I!

A few examples of what I'm talking about:

I have had to buy some new shorts since the ones I have sometimes want to fall off as I'm walking! (GO ME!) Unfortunately we are getting to the end of the shorts buying season and the selection I found in my size was minimal. I usually go for colors that I can mix and match with most of what I have in my closet, but all I had to choose from was white (I do NOT do white pants!), yellow and salmon. Yellow was good, I have a lot to go with yellow. Salmon? The color was beautiful, in my mind, I was buying it and I'll find something to match!

I have one blouse that matched perfectly! Keep in mind, I am color blind so I didn't know if anything else I owned would go with the new shorts. Picture this: Ron and I standing in front of my closet, going through my clothes. I pulled out blouse after blouse after sweater after shirt and held them up to my salmon shorts.

Me: Does this go?
Ron: No.
Me: How about this?
Ron: Ugh.
Me: Maybe this:
Ron: Maybe, but no.

It was tough! I really only had that one blouse that went with the salmon shorts! Ron helped me pick out one other blouse that "wasn't terrible" with the shorts! So, if you see me and I don't match, blame Ron! I'm the color blind one!

I've blogged before about waking the poor guy up in the morning to ask him what color my slacks were. Who can tell the difference between black and blue some days?

Then, there is Project Runway! As much as Ron hates my addiction to reality TV, I do catch him watching some of it in spite of himself! The only part of Project Runway he will watch is the runway. That's when all of the models are dressed in the designer's clothes, and walking the runway to show the clothes to the judges. You need to hear him give his critique!

Ron: I like the color on that one, but not how it hangs.
Ron: That would be ok, but I think it looks funny how it hangs under her boobs there.
Ron: That makes her hips look terrible!

That's my man! Fashion guru!! Or maybe it's just that he has the hots for Heidi Klum! Either way, I'm jiggy with it.

Now lets look at Ron for a moment. (Who knew when we got together that you'd be so instrumental in SO many blogs?!!) My biggest complaint about him is his need to carry the tools of his trade with him at all times! I've been poked by screwdrivers coming out of his pockets just sitting next to him. He's poked himself and almost stabbed himself with a screwdriver in his coat pocket once. It's a dangerous thing! Your pockets are NOT the place for sharp objects!

He claims that since he is on call 24/7, and he sometimes leaves the house at a moment's notice, he HAS to have all of those screwdrivers, wrenches, ratchets, etc. in his pockets at all times. I dare you to grab any pair of pants of his and NOT find holes in his pockets from the tools he always carries around!

I have a solution! A Murse! I think this would be perfect for him! We could leave it in his van, or by the door and he can grab it on his way out of the house and have everything he might need for any service call and them some! AND no more holes in his pockets! C'mon now, isn't this a great idea? They come in numerous shapes, styles and sizes. I'm sure we can find something to go with his personal style!

For some reason, I can't seem to convince Ron that this is the answer to some of his problems! I think he'd be thrilled with it, if he just gave it a chance. He thinks he should just stick with helping me color coordinate myself.

Don't be surprised this Christmas if the accessories Santa doesn't bring you a great gift! You can be the first in our neighborhood (and probably in all of Lorain!) with your very own Murse! Heidi would be so proud of you!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Maybe if you said "Hey, let's go to Glen's Surplus [in Shelby] and see what they've got in military toolbags" instead of calling it a Murse [ha ha], he might be more receptive to the idea.

Jim's Blog said...

As to the color co-ordination dilemma, rather than make Ron look each time, why not borrow from the old Garanimals concept. Mark on the tags a code for matching things up. Once you go thru your closet once, and mark the tags with indelible markers, then you might only have to mark new stuff as you purchase.