Sunday, August 15, 2010

Barberton Picnic

Every year, the alumni from Barberton High School (in Barberton Ohio of course!) have a picnic at Tuscarawas Park that is open to any graduate of the school.

All that was requested was a response to the invitation and they asked that you bring a dish. Ron (class of 1978) wanted to go, so he made a batch of his ranch beans and away we went!

It was a beautiful day in a beautiful park. There was a pavilion with electricity for the crock pots and a lot of picnic tables. People came in and out all day, we got to meet new people while Ron got to catch up with some old class mates. I even got to meet his high school girlfriend! (Hi, Chris!!)

The food was good, the games were fun! While I didn't win anything with my partner Christine on the Newlyfriend game, I did pick up a prize on a trivia contest. Free stuff is free stuff! We all know how I feel about this! Here is my prize!

Way too cool. They also had a corn hole game set up by the pavilion. Ron had stepped out to have a cigarette when this little cutie patootie, someone's granddaughter, came up and asked him to play. Who could resist her? So, they headed to the game.

The little girl has obviously watched the game played before as she grabbed some bean bags, stood next to the target and tried to throw across the field to the other target. Her little arm only got her a shot at about three feet away! Ron kept telling her to get closer to the target since she was little and to try again. She sure took the hint, and here is how she ended up kicking Ron's butt!



All in all it was a great day. The weather was warm but at least the rain held out until the last of us were leaving.

While I might not be a graduate of Barberton High School, I appreciate that they let me play their reindeer games for the day. Especially since I'm the lucky winner of their 50/50 drawing as well! Yeah, count me in for next year! I see another t-shirt prize in my future!

No comments: