Sunday, August 29, 2010

PhotoPhun Challenge: Red

Well, what have I gotten myself into! It was up to me to pick the theme for this week's PhotoPhun and I picked red, as in the color red. Um, remember me? The color blind one? If any of my pictures aren't really red, I don't want to hear it!

I did have a blast this week though, going out and looking for red. Who knew so much red was out there! The first thing I learned though was that I really need to learn how to work my camera and figure out what all those settings on the camera are for. I really had a couple of what I thought were great ideas for shots, but try as I might, I couldn't get a usable picture. I just couldn't make the camera focus on what I wanted.

In the mean time, to see what real good pictures look like, make sure you go look at Lisa and Mark's pages to see what they found.

First, this is the side of a drink machine. It was all lit up and that red just jumped out at me.

We were over in Avon Lake by the boat ramp and I saw these flowers. I took a ton of pictures, but this one came out the best.


Right by the above flowers was this old fashioned water pump. I just fell in love with this! Don't ask me why!


The top of a lighthouse birdhouse! Unfortunately, no birds were at home at the time I was snapping pictures.


Lastly, I may not be allowed at Apple's in Sheffield Lake any longer, but c'mon now, why do you need to buy flowers when I'm busy taking pictures? Geez, some people!

I am looking forward to our next assignment! This was a lot of fun!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

These are beautiful pictures, Ree! You did a great job! I totally forgot about your color blindness when you suggested red for the challenge. I hope there's a good story coming about how you got yourself in trouble Apple's.

Mark said...

Nicely done!! Colorblind? It doesn't seem like it. Good job with your first challenge!! And we want to hear about Apples.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Ree. The photos are great.

Mark said...

Just to make sure you realize, the 'looking into the past' challenge is not next week's challenge. It's a heads-up for a future challenge. I wanted to give everyone time to find some older pics and be able to use them.

Lisa said...

Bryan left this challenge on Mark's blog:
"OK Mark asked me to pick something for this week. Being the Ohio State fan I am and since Mark already did red. I honor of the first game of the season on Thursday lets do anything with “O” as a part of it. EX. Full moon/sun, stOp,or a Block O. I hope you get the point."

I wasn't sure you saw it, so I wanted to let you know.