Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm Sweeping Up!

I've blogged in the last few months about a new hobby I have taken up. Sweepstaking! It's been a long cold spell with nothing in the plus column but this weekend has sure made up for it!

Before you get too excited, I haven't won a car or a cruise yet, but I am on my way!

I came home from work on Friday to find a nice, plain white envelope on the table. I was a big winner in the REESE'S/Walgreens Summer Sweepstakes! I won a $25 gift card to Walgreens! Big win for me!! I am at Walgreens often enough, for sure I'm going to make use of an extra $25 in buying power there. As an added bonus, this was an online sweepstake, so it didn't cost me anything to play. Gotta love free!

Saturday as I've already told you, I won the 50/50 at the Barberton Geezer Gathering. That cost me a whopping $5 for tickets, but I got that back in my $29 dollar win.

Monday I hit the jackpot again! I won a prize from the "I Love Reese's Day Sweepstakes"! Woo hoo! This prize was one free Reese's Cup candy bar, value not to exceed $1.25! Like I said, it's not a car or a cruise, but I'm over the moon with this! Again, an online sweepstake, so it didn't cost me anything. And, when the sweepstaking gods speak, I listen. If they are sending me one of my favorite candy bars for free, I fully intend on eating it! By myself! mmmm I can taste it already!

It's been a good weekend for sure. Next is the ticket I bought on tonight's Mega Million drawing. Who knows? The next blog you read from me might very well be written from an island paradise somewhere. I am on a roll after all.

Just in case that doesn't work out for me, I need to get back to my 30 or so daily online sweepstakes I need to enter. There could be another candy bar in my future.

No comments: