Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Keeping Your "Girls" Happy!

This blog is about boobs. Before you get too excited, there will be NO pictures of boobs in this blog!

There was a study done by Brigham Young University about the positive effect of having sisters as siblings in your life. I can attest to that fact as I was blessed with the two best sisters there ever were. They both were extremely instrumental in helping me to evolve into the woman I am. I am sure our brothers will also vouch for the fact that their lives have been greatly enriched by having us as sisters! (At least two of you better agree with me or face the possible future of no more home cooked meals from me!)

The study from BYU aside, there is a special bond between sisters. From cradle to grave, no one else knows you or where your skeletons are buried like a sister. I talk to my sister about things that no one else in their right minds wants to hear about. Things like cramps, sex, menopause, broken hearts, sex, unfulfilled dreams, recipes, sex, you get the idea.

My sister and I talk just about daily. If not on the phone, or video chat, we are on gmail chat. There isn't much we won't talk about or advise each other on.

I have been telling Cathie about buying my first sports bra awhile back. It's not that I am athletic, in spite of my new found regime of treadmill walking. It's just hard to find a good bra that fits properly and makes my "girls" happy. Either something is pinching, poking, or straps are falling. You women out there know what a pain in the boobs a bra is. So, I tried a sports bra. I fell in love the minute it was on!

It does hold the girls in nice and tight, but not in an uncomfortable way. You are totally supported, no straps to fall, and honestly, after I get the bra on and the girls situated in there, I forget I have the bra on! THAT never happened with a regular bra. A regular bra gets taken off immediately when I got home, not to be looked at again until it's time to go to work again. They are terrible!

Cathie was planning a shopping trip to get new bras. I reminded her again how wonderful the sports bra is and that she should seriously consider giving them a try. Luckily, she listened to me and actually bought a few! She called me that night to let me know just how happy her "girls" were! These fit like no other bra! Like I said, no pinching, no wires stabbing, no uncomfortable straps that keep falling down. Just pure bliss and support!

Once in awhile, even your baby sister comes up with great ideas! That's what a good sister does for you. Helps make your boobs happy, and of course, helps you bury a few bodies through the years! But I digress! ;-)

Here is my public service announcement for any ladies out there that wear bras. Go buy a sports bra. I'm telling you, I will never go back to a regular bra again. When my "girls" are happy, I am happy!

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Sisters ... where would we be without them!!! Thanks, Sis!!!