Saturday, August 05, 2006

Pass Me A Burger

It's been a great week for cookouts!

This past Wednesday, we celebrated Dad's birthday a few days late here at our house. Jim was nice enough to bring Dad out for the evening, and Mike came over to join in on the fun.

Poor Ron played chef out in the heat and cooked us up some fantastic brats (heavy on the carbon, just like I like 'em!) burgers and some BBQ chicken legs for Dad. Hey, it's his birthday, might as well cook his favorite. To round out the menu, I made some macaroni salad and Ron made his famous ranch beans. They are always a winner every time he makes them. I'll have to see if I can get him to part with his recipe and pass it along to y'all.

Dad had a great day, and we ended up eating a lot, telling a lot of stories, and of course, laughing a lot. Days like these are just good for my soul. Thanks to Jim for making it all happen.

Today was Ron's turn! His sister Susan had a family picnic and once again, a great day was had by all! The burgers and the dogs were awesome and everyone brought a side dish. Ron's choice was again the ranch beans and I'm telling you, they were a hit. Not one bean was left over!

Everyone on Ron's side is also doing well. It's amazing how big the kids are all getting! All of them are under the age of six I'd say, and when you only see them once or twice a year, it's amazing to see how tall everyone got, or now one is walking, it's just amazing. They sure don't stay small long, do they.

So, another day of great food, great conversation and my favorite part, lots of hugs.

Anyone else having a picnic, just let me know. We are all about good food and good fun. We'll even bring the ranch beans!

No comments: