Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I Am T-I-R-E-D

What a night last night. Before y'all get your hopes up and your dirty minds racing, it is NOT what you're thinking.

For some reason, last night I was exhausted when I got home from work. We went out for a quick dinner and by the time I got back home, I did nothing but fight to stay awake. It wasn't even 8:30 yet last night and I lost the fight. I said good night to Ron and I collapsed into bed. I was hoping I was done for the night.

Boy was I wrong.

I was up around 11:30 for a potty break. Crap, I was mad. I thought I refuse to open my eyes all the way because once I finished peeing, I was going right back to bed. Well, that part worked as planned unfortunately, falling back asleep wasn't part of my plan. I laid there, trying to convince myself that I really was falling back asleep. That lasted for about an hour. At 12:30, I gave up that fight.

So, Ron headed to bed and I was getting up and out of bed. That just sucks.

I sat and watched some shows I had taped on the DVR, I played bingo on Pogo, then I heard something....to me at 2:30 in the freakin' morning it sounded like someone was breaking into the house. What do I do? Wake Ron up at 2:30 in the morning? Lock my self in the bathroom and hope the intruders don't find me? (Please note - our bathroom door doesn't have a lock so this option was quickly discarded.) Walk downstairs and check out the noise myself? Oh my, what is a girl to do?

Yes, my imagination is a little overactive when I'm punchy tired. A minute or so later, I see lightening outside. Aha. That's when I figured out that the sound I heard a bit earlier was just thunder. Ok, I am safe for another night.

Since I was safe, I finally turned off the computer and the taped shows and headed down to my recliner. I think I've written this before, but it bears repeating. There is nothing worthwhile on television at 3:00 in the morning. Nothing.

I had just convinced myself that I was just going to go up and jump in the shower and actually show up to work at 6:00 a.m. Figured this way I could get out early! Nice plan, huh? Unfortunately, just after 5:00 a.m. I made the mistake of falling asleep in my recliner. I dozed for just over an hour and then I ended up feeling like poop the rest of the day.

I am still fighting sleep. I am trying to make it to 10:00 tonight so that I can sleep the whole night through. I have two minutes to go.

Tomorrow is Ron's cataract surgery on his right eye! Keep us in your thoughts tomorrow!

No comments: