Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Goofing Off

Goofing off and getting caught - might cost you an hour's pay.

Goofing off and not getting caught - bonus.

Goofing off WITH your boss - priceless!

When we are busy, we work hard. But when we're slow, we're slow. Right now, there is pretty much nothing to do.

Today my boss and I headed to a client's location to have a meeting. The meeting was at 10:00 a.m. and we were finished around 11:15. The client is only about 10 miles from our office so we could have been back by 11:30 or so. Well . . .

We heard about one of the local radio stations offering free lunch! Ok, it was no where near where we were, but since it was his car and his gas, I was down with it! We headed way over to the east side, found the party and joined. Luckily it was free, since I didn't think to bring my wallet with me.

We feasted on free hotdogs that were pretty good actually. Then on to free pizza which I could have done without. Free chips from a local producer that were decent. Free Mexican food that was actually pretty yummy. And best of all, in 100 degree heat at a party on a hot asphalt parking lot, bottles and bottles of iced cold water!

I ate my fill, had two bottles of water, walked around looking at all the displays, watched the DJ's trying to perform their radio show in the heat and sweated, sweated, sweated. Finally even the free food wasn't worth hanging around for any longer. We got back into an air conditioned car and headed back to work.

Heat aside, not a bad two hour lunch day, I'd say.

No comments: