Thursday, March 03, 2011

That's Just Wrong, Page 22

A long time ago, I had an idea for a book. A book filled with things I see that are just wrong. I have been putting it slowly on this blog, one page at a time. This is page 22 of my book, That's Just Wrong.

I have seen my fair share of the goings on of the Lorain Police to make me not have a lot of respect for them. One case in point was car # 155 a couple of summers ago, driving right by my house. The driver of the car had BOTH hands on the keyboard of the computer, looking only at the computer screen, but driving up my street. For real? This is supposed to be an example of the men and women protecting this city? Heaven help us all.

We have campaigns to stop people from talking on their cell phones while driving. Some cities have gone so far to make it illegal to talk on your cell phone while driving. A great idea, as far as I'm concerned. There are campaigns to stop people from texting while driving! Holy crap, what in the hell ever happened to common sense? WHO would think this is acceptable?

Do the police feel that they are above the law? Or, since they are the select few that have laptops in plain view in their cars, it's acceptable for them to do whatever on their laptops WHILE they're driving? Is this right? I used to know a guy who thought it was perfectly ok for him to drive drunk since he did it so often, he knew what he was doing. Really?

All this to come to my point today. I found out that the Elyria Police are NO better than the Lorain Police.

Last night, I was driving home from work. I was going north on West Avenue at about 5:15 and I was stopped at the light at 11th Street. Guess who ran the red light heading south? An Elyria Police cruiser. What was he doing that he didn't see the red light? He was looking at his computer screen. Hey buddy, you know who you are. That was me shaking my head at you as you finally looked up after you ran that red light.

There was no lights and sirens. No emergency that he was on his way to. It was him, driving like an idiot. For someone that NEEDS to be above the law, running a red light. That's Just Wrong.

No comments: