Friday, March 04, 2011

Got A Boat?

I know, are you tired of hearing yet about the flooding on Monday? Geez, this has been a crazy time here in Ohio.

I knew the Black River was flooding since WeatherBug warned me it was so. However, WeatherBug didn't warn that EVERYthing was flooding. Holy crap.

Driving to work, I came to a point where I cross a bridge. As soon as I cross, I see a school bus in the middle of the road. My first thought is WTF. Then I realize the bus is in the middle of the road trying to stay on the highest ground in running water! Yes, running water. I stayed back, let the bus get through and then I followed his lead. I went into the middle of the road to try to get through only to get to the intersection that was totally under rapidly running water. I held my breath and drove through it and thanked the heavens that I made it. It was one of those instances where I didn't know if it would have been better to turn around or better to forge ahead. I think I just got lucky this time.

Once through the intersection, I was ok until I got to work. They are working on the sewers to the north of us so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not, but the road was totally flooded in front of my work. I pulled off the road the best I could across the street from work and waiting for Mike to get there. I couldn't tell how deep the water was, but it was moving fast. Here is what I was looking at!




It was crazy! When Mike got there, he assessed the situation and we ended up going to a business across the street to ask if I could park my car there for the day. No way my car was going to make it. They let me park in their lot, and Mike shuttled me back and forth to work. What he won't do to make sure I make it to work, huh?! That was probably more than he bargained for when he hired me! Oh well!

Here I was standing in our parking lot, looking out at the street. That's grass under that water, not a lake! And, yes, that my car with the new front bumper parked across the street!



I should have taken pictures on the side of the building as well. We were almost an island that day! What a mess.

You know, work has been trying lately. I had to work a day last week when we had no power due to the ice storm. Then, the horrendous drive into work on Friday with the snow storm. Then, Monday's floods. I really think someone is trying to tell me that I shouldn't be working for a living!

I have a Power Ball ticket for this weekend. Here's hoping!

No comments: