Sunday, March 13, 2011

PhotoPhun: Just Desserts

This week's theme came from another new PhotoPhunner, my brother Jim! Instead of sending me his pictures, he's going to start posting on his own blog! Way to go brother and welcome to the fun! I'm sure Lisa and Mark were also having some fun this week so be sure to check them out too!

I did not have an easy time this week with the challenge. I am back on my diet, mostly, and desserts is a hard thing to think about!

But I do have my version of desserts! For example, if I've been pretty good during the week, I do deserve a treat on the weekend. One of my just desserts for being good is to go to Pete's on the weekend for some fabulous blueberry pancakes!!


Take it from someone that doesn't even like pancakes. People, these are the bomb!! I do just order the short stack and please notice the sugar free syrup. Hey, when you're being a little bad, every little bit of good helps!

And, here is my dessert most nights. My staple of celery and peanut butter. Trust me, that big bag of celery helps. If I can make myself stand there and clean and cut a bunch of it then it's no big deal to grab a handful and eat healthy instead of looking for crackers or pretzels or whatever. So, here is my just desserts for a lifetime of unhealthy eating!


Way to go on your first PhotoPhun, Jim! I can't wait to see what new you bring to our fun!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You lured me in with the blueberry pancakes, then you bitch slapped me with celery! Those 'cakes are the bomb. Nobody in town makes 'em better! Nice job!

Mark said...

LMAO "...bitch slapped me with celery." I must be tired or something cuz I've been laughin' too hard about Lisa's posts tonight.

The pancakes look great and I'd even fight you for the celery, too. Must. Not. Go. To. Kitchen. For. Snack.

Ok, gotta go. Gotta find some bird pics.