Sunday, March 06, 2011

PhotoPhun: Natural Framing

I have no excuse other than pure laziness this week. I just haven't made the time to get out there and take pictures this week! I am still sitting here in my jammies and I plan on staying that way today!

Since I didn't make it out this week, I went through my archives and found a few pictures for this week's challenge.

Going all the way back to 2006, I was so excited when Ron and I were at the Black River Landing and saw the Flagship Niagara From ERIE PA coming under the bridge! It was a homesick day and this was food for my soul that day.


Here is from 2009, what I thought was a nice moon shot during the day, framed over the tree? I know, I'm reaching here!


Also in 2009, here was the Goodyear Blimp, taking from right in front of my house.


Moving up to 2010, I have Larry and Linda at the Perry Monument in Erie PA.


And, the next day, found the four of us at the Garfield Monument in Cleveland OH. These stairs down to the crypt were beautiful!


Finally, from 2009, how's this for framing the rose between two thorns?? C'mon people! Work with me!


Since I was being lazy this week and brought no new pictures to the table, at least my brother Jim had my back! Here are Jim's submissions for this week's challenge, Natural Framing.

First, Jim liked how the ivy took over this bridge, framing the bridge.


Then, a sight we're all too familiar with, how the ice and snow piles frame our parking lots!


Lastly, my favorite shot. These trees made a great frame for the property! Good job, brother!


Please check out Lisa and Mark's blogs to see what kind of natural framing they found this week.

Jim was such a huge help this week, he even picked a theme for next week's PhotoPhun challenge! So, if Mark would like another week to think of a challenge, Jim's submission is: Just Desserts.

Good luck, all!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Good job everyone!
Jim's challenge should produce some interesting interpretations :-)

Lisa said...

Oops, I hit publish before I remembered to ask - are we adding Jim to the challenge picking rotation, too?

Mark said...

No, everyone BUT Jim is allowed.

LMAO Just desserts works for me! Thanks Jim.

Nice selection from the archives, Ree! Love the Niagara shot!