Monday, October 31, 2005

I Am Turning Into My Dad

I know, it's Halloween. I should be writing about something Halloweeny. Unfortunately, I have other things on my mind right now. Mainly....I am turning into my Dad!

Oh the horrors. It's bad enough I have his ugly toes. I also have his nose and of course, I am getting proficient in his greatest trait, procrastination. Now I have reached the point of no return. I have gone across the line and I don't know if I can ever come back.

Brace yourselves, people. What I am about to confess should frighten all within the sound of my typing! Don't blame me if you have nightmares! Ok, here it is: I have started to put ketchup in my soup! There! It's now out in the open! Is there a 12-step program for this?

It started with the leftover lentil soup I blogged about recently. The leftovers just needed some zing. It was missing something. It wasn't salt, or pepper, or even more veggies. Finally, I reached for it. The big red bottle of Heintz Ketchup. After a liberal dousing, I found Nirvana. I kept this a dirty secret. I wasn't going to tell anyone. Maybe it was just a fluke. I could stop any time I wanted. I didn't have a problem.

Then, temptation was again brought before me. I thought I could be strong. I failed. Ron made chicken soup recently. Yes, every bowl I had included some of the delectable condiment. It was good! I liked it! I made Ron try it!

Now, I have turned him over to the dark side. Ron had some chicken soup tonight for supper. With ketchup! My Dad will be so proud!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(In My best Darth Vader voice) (with the breathing) WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!

Anonymous said...

Well, I am finally catchuping up on your blogging. You slightly misquoted in your writing, there is not a 12 step program for ketchup users, the real thing is a good old 24! step! program. This program is better known as buying the ketchup by the case, so that you never run low, or even - perish the thought - run out of ketchup. Just for your info, I know of a web site that sells a red t-shirt with the quote:
Ketchup Lover - I even put ketchup on my ketchup - - -